Capstone Experience On Campus
Coming again in September 2022!
The Treasury and Global Markets Week is designed as a networking experience for CETM participants who have successfully completed all e-learning modules. It is also offered as a point of entry for senior staff in treasury and trading, risk management, compliance and internal audit of financial institutions who want to catch up on the latest developments in global markets.
The week is structured around a Common Core Curriculum of about 70% of the training time with the remaining 30% of the week offering a wide range of expert electives for a highly customized cap stone experience. Within the Common Core, about 30% of the week consists of a refresh on fundamental concepts in preparation of the certification exams. Other industry participants joining the on-site week on a stand-alone basis, will find the rapid review of the fundamentals useful for catching up and taking full advantage of the debate on current topics in trading, markets and corporate treasury, which makes up the bulk of the common curriculum.
In the Common Core, we will explore the complex interactions between funding strategies, asset origination, earnings and economic capital in a comprehensive ALM analysis using realistic institutional data and macro stress scenarios. The markets dimension of the common core will be articulated around product use cases in fixed income, foreign exchange, commodities, equities and derivatives with a keen perspective on client-centric financial engineering and risk management.
The Expert Electives will be weighted at about 30% within the On-Campus Week and will cover a broad choice of relevant specialty topics presented by FS faculty, senior practitioners and high-profile guest speakers in compact yet intense 2-3 hour sessions.
For example, based on current participant suggestions, the September 2022 Expert Electives might include options such as:
- the IBOR transition and the state play in OIS and risk-free term rates for major currencies.
- Cryptographic Digital Central Bank Currencies: the what, how, when, why …
- Comprehensive Stress Testing in Asset Liability Management: Overview of institutional and macro-prudential stress testing approaches. How to incorporate the climate risk dimension.
- Investor and issuer perspectives on Green Bonds / Sustainable Bonds. Green bond frameworks and ESG best practices.
- Latest updates on the EU Taxonomy and Non-Financial Reporting requirements.
- Survival strategies for the end of QE and the exit from negative rates, if and when it finally comes.